Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm Home!!

This is the ice that I left behind yesterday when I left Illinois. For miles the ice covered the trees, ground, signs and power lines. Finally when I got to West Memphis, AK the area cleared up. I stopped to take a few pictures along the way. It was really the most beautiful sight. Too bad that it is causing such trouble for so many people in several states with power outages, no heat, no gasoline, etc.
My plans were to leave early last week and stop in Savannah, TN to visit Terry's Aunt and then on to Tupelo, MS to visit my friends Doug, Judy and their family. Well, due to my delay I wasn't able to make it to Savannah, TN. But I did stop by Tupelo. Doug and Judy were great hosts. Their home is absolutely beautiful, welcoming and comfortable. I visited with their two children, Heather and Ben at their homes and saw their adorable children. It was such a treat. I babysit for Heather and Ben when they were toddlers and I was a teenageer. Now, to see that they have children that same age, and they look like carbon copies of their parents when they were little. It was very sweet.
Even though Doug and Judy's kids are grown and gone, they still have a little one around the house....Bullet! He is very friendly and likes to get up close and personal!! He is a cutie! And, what a pose for the camera! I had a great time! And, I won't let 8 years go by before my next visit.
It is nice to be home. The house was clean, the living room is set up for our Superbowl party tomorrow (the party consists of me, Terry, the girls and Jose) and I am getting stuff ready for church tomorrow.
"There's no place like home!"









1 comment:

Granna said...

So glad you made it home safely, Trisha, and thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! It was kind of exciting, wasn't it?? Heather and Ben enjoyed seeing you too. Ben and Lori were having some friends over for dinner last night so I sent the brownies home with him. He said they ate them all!! Better them than me! I had Cam from yesterday afternoon until this morning so today I'm taking it easy, getting ready to watch the Superbowl...and probably nap!!