Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Great Aunt Ludene's journey here is over.

Today is Inauguration day and I have been trying to watch as much as I can. I actually sat and watched the swearing in live and recorded it for the girls. But I have been running errands since and answering the many phone calls. My Great Aunt Ludene passed away early this morning. She was my Mom's Aunt and the matriarch of my Mom's side of the family. She has always been spry and ready to go with anyone who will take her. Recently she fell and broke her hip and shoulder, she had surgery but continued to get weaker.

Anyone who knows my family, has probably met her before. She has always been a part of our life. After my Mom's parents both passed away in the early 70's, Aunt Ludene has been somewhat of a mother to my mom.
They were very close and keepers of each others secrets. Recently my mother lost her cousin Ruth to cancer and now this loss so close is extremely hard for her. As a matter of fact, my mother will now be somewhat of the matriarch of those left in her family. Today also has other significance to my mom, it is the anniversary of the day that we buried my brother and it is also her late sister's birthday.

I am going to try and drive up there tomorrow to be with her and attend the funeral. I will be going alone and it is a 10 hour drive. I don't mind the drive, I just get a little bored.

So, needless to say, today I have been running around trying to get it all together. I still have a couple of errands to complete and then I can start packing. I don't know how long I will stay, but since I am going, I might as well make a visit out of it. I just dread the COLD weather!

I will try and blog from there and maybe do some "rayality" videos. I haven't done those in such a long time.

1 comment:

Granna said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your great aunt. I know all of this is difficult for your mom. I will keep you all in my prayers! You are welcome to stay with us on your way up or back home. We'd love to see you!