Monday, January 26, 2009

Winter Storm Warning

So I may be trapped in Southern Illinois. My dilemma now is whose house do I hunker down at. I can stay with Mom and Dad and have some peace and quiet - electric heat only if the electricity goes out and not a whole lot of food. Or, I can stay at my niece's house and have to deal with the hectic lifestyle there with three little boys who will be out of school and they have a fireplace and a lot of food. My niece and her husband both work for the post office, so they will have to go to work, you know....."come rain, sleet or snow". So, I am trying to decide where to sleep tonight.

According to the radar, the sleet is just an inch away and a lot of snow and ice are predicted. When the weather channel has Jim Cantore stationed in Paducah, KY, you know they expect something big.

I suppose I should have left this morning to head back, but I had plans for today and hated to leave. Bottom line, I will eventually get back home.

Melissa and I went to see a movie this afternoon - Revolutionary Road. Good performances, but a sad movie.

No comments: