Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm stuck

This picture is looking out Melissa's garage into her front yard. We have about 4-6 inches of sleet. It is so solid that you can walk on top of it. It is still coming down and we are only half way through the storm. Another 18 hours at least. The weather reporters say that it will start snowing on top of this sleet after midnight tonight.
Thankfully we have power. My relatives that are further South - in Paducah, KY are without power and trees are falling all around them.My poor new car. Covered with ice. I am hoping to be able to get on the road late tomorrow and head back to my parents and then leave to head South on Thursday.Of course the kids are happy to be out of school. So today we just stayed in the house around the fire place, we played Mexican Train Dominoes and ate! I made dinner and it is in the oven now. I am trying out a Tamale Pie. I spoke with my family at home and it was 75 degrees there today. I enjoy the beautiful white cover on the ground, but it is a bummer when you can't get out.









No comments: