Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day

Last night after dinner, we roasted marshmallows with the boys. They stayed in the PJ's all day and played. It was like a long Christmas day.This is what we woke up to this morning. Under the four inches of snow is about 4 inches of frozen sleet. It is beautiful, but not easy to drive in. We tried moving the cars this morning. No luck.We all got dressed to go out and play in the snow. Of course I don't have any winter wear, so I had to borrow socks and some boots from Melissa. The snow is not packing snow, so no snowballs or snowmen.But the snow is nice and fluffy for snow angels and sledding. The neighbors have a little hill on the side of their house that the boys use to sled down.
Little Jaron was freezing so he came in to enjoy the fire and some Hot Chocolate. The other two boys are still out there. They say that are not cold and their feet are fine. I am convinced it is because they have no feeling left in them.
Everyplace is closed around here, so even if we could get out there is no where to go. Scott is still trying to shovel out to get to work at the Post Office, but not sure he will make it. He called and all but one of the other desks clerks have called in and cannot make it to work.
My parents are just 5 miles away, but we have no way of communicating. Their cell phones are based out of Paducah, KY, so their towers are frozen and we can't get through to them.
I was suppose to leave today and go through Tennessee to visit Terry's Aunt and then to Mississippi to visit with my friends Judy and Doug. But at this point I don't think that is going to happen.

Judy, if you are reading this I assume you know that my plans are on hold. If I can get out of here tomorrow or maybe Friday I still may try and stop by, but I will call you first.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you would treat our new car like that! Seriously, you we miss you badly back home! Please be safe! I love you more than all the snow and sleet in the world!

Granna said...

What a beautiful sight...butI'm so glad we don't have to deal with that. My boss, who lives near Memphis, did call and say he wasn't coming in because the roads were bad up that way. Best you stay put until it's safe to drive!! Just call me when you know what your plans are.

Brittany said...

hey did you put a tarp over the cars before the ice came? I thought I saw blue stinking out...

Trisha said...

Yes Brittany, Scott put a tarp over all the cars windshields. The ice was so thick, it was good idea. The back window is still covered even though I ran the rear defogger several times.

Trisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.