Monday, November 3, 2008

Fall Festival Neighborhood Block Party

Last Friday night we had a Block Party in our neighborhood. Every year on Halloween, we do something special and each year my neighbors have been catching on....this year, we planned a full fledged block party. We blocked off the street and put up a space walk. Each neighbor did something special. We grilled hot dogs, there was one neighbor doing nachos, another with a popcorn machine and cotton candy. My neighbors next door were really adventurous and made funnel cakes and root beer floats. Through donations, we were able to supply one neighbor with prizes and an LSU toss game. Brittany and her friend Sarah dressed as girls from the 80's and set up a table full of new books for children to pick from. We had a great time with many trick or treaters and parents coming through the neighborhood for some treats and fun.

The weather was perfect, but being out in the night air must not have helped me with my sickness...I took a turn for the worst on Saturday and was in bed for the next two days.
I went to the doctor today and am already feeling better after receiving a shot and a Z-pack.

Even though We are still on target with our wedding "to do" list....this week will be a busy one. All of the last minute details.

Tomorrow - big day...elections! I am so ready for it to be over...I am tired off all the news coverage. I'm hoping there won't be lines at our small precinct. I am going to try to go in the middle of day, when people are working.


Brittany and Sarah in the 80's outfits
Neighbors working together

Some of our little trick or treaters



1 comment:

Granna said...

This sounds like so much fun! What a wonderful place for the kids to go and have a great time...and be safe!! Hope you're feeling better!