Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's Over - We have a new President!


Well, it is finally over....the months and months of campaigning and news coverage.

I am hoping and believing that now all the divisiveness that there has been over the past months will come to an end. That the ugly e-mails will stop and everyone can just accept our new President and respect him and the office that he holds.

I thought John McCain's speech was very gracious and honorable and I thought Barack Obama's speech was inspirational.


I believe that everyone can agree that we witnessed an historical event tonight.


Regardless of how you voted, whether or not your candidate won....we can celebrate the freedoms that we have in our great county and we can know that this is still the greatest country in the world.


And above all, God is sovereign and these election results are not a surprise to Him. Our future is history to Him. The bible tells us that God sets up Kings and Kingdoms and those who are in authority.


Tonight, I go to bed a proud American and proud of our new President, Barack Obama.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I agree! I am proud to be an American and this is going to be an exciting time for America!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree about the emails and ads. I am overwhelmed at the response of the African-American community. I had no clue this would mean as much to them. But, now stepping back and taking a better look, I am glad that this chapter of American history has been opened, and am already praying for our new President. America really is the lane of opportunity.....for ALL people!