Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Trees and more

Second week of recovery and I feel back to normal! I can't believe how fast time has flown since the wedding. My parents are still with us, we are waiting to leave on our cruise on Saturday.


Mom and Dad before the wedding



Our friends Doug and Judy from Tupelo, MS and Elizabeth from Zion, IL
At our brunch after the wedding

Terry's cousin Ron and Jane from Montgomery, IL and our friends Bob, Jan and Shirley from Springfield, IL


We have remained quite busy since the wedding, catching up on all the things that I had let go. Ashley and Jose are still in Gatlinburg and will return this Saturday. We will miss seeing them, as we will leave before they get home. I wanted to have my house decorated before I leave, so when I return on December 5th I will be ready to shop and bake for Christmas. Today I achieved that task with help from my Mom and Dad. Terry started getting the outside decorated and will probably finish tomorrow after the big meal.


Brittany's boyfriend Justin is here for Thanksgiving and we have been having fun playing guitar hero....looks like we will be getting one for a family Christmas present, if we can get our hands on one.


Today, I had dad go out and harvest my kumquats from my back yard. A couple of years ago, I bought Terry a kumquat tree for our anniversary....we love kumquats and each other, so I called it our "love" tree. It has produced very well.


I finished the tree last night with help from Brittany and Justin. I wish I could just put it away decorated each year. What a task.


Also, this year I wanted to decorate around my mirror above my mantle. I finished it this afternoon and was quite pleased with my results.


I probably won't blog until I return from our cruise. Hope everyone enjoys a great Thanksgiving tomorrow.


Now - we are going to eat pizza and play dominoes.


















1 comment:

Granna said...

Thinking about you guys this week and hope you've had a wonderful time. I'll look forward to hearing about it and seeing pictures!