Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Amazon

Terry and I both had offices when we were in Shreveport. We both had a large library of books. When we moved back to New Orleans, we knew that we would be facing a different situation. No church building, no offices. So, we kept out our most important resources and put everything else in our attic. Well that has been over 5 years ago. If you haven't used it in 5 years, you probably don't need it!

So, Terry did all the hard work getting all the boxes out of the attic and Brittany and I have been checking their resale value on Amazon.

Brittany has been selling books and CD's on Amazon for a while. Just a little here and there. But with these books from the attic, she has been bringing in some cash....much needed since she isn't working right now. It is hard to find a job that will work around her school schedule. She did have an interview this morning.

My niece Melissa and (mostly) her husband, Scott sell on Amazon all the time. It has become a real hobby for Scott and almost a part time job. But, he does have to invest a lot of time and effort. Finding the books at sales, second hand shops, etc. Then there is the record keeping, storage and mailing of the items that sell.

But it has been interesting to see what sells and how much people will pay for a book - especially old books that are out of print. So, it has been fun going through those boxes and finding a little treasure before donating the rest of them.

In other news, it has been a busy week. Terry and I went to the elementary schools today and delivered valentines for all of the teachers and staff on behalf of our church. I have been bagging up candy for a couple of days.

The girls and I are going to sneak out for an afternoon movie - we are leaving in a few minutes. Going to see "He Is Just Not That In To You". I hope it is good. I really want to see the movie with Harry Connick, Jr. and Rene Z. Maybe Terry and I will see that on Friday evening.

The weather is beautiful here. Just a little rain this morning - but it has been in the 70's and sunny. I am excited about Spring coming.

1 comment:

Granna said...

You'll have to let me know how much money you make. Heather sells stuff on ebay all the time but I've never done that...need to look into it as I have a lot of stuff I'd like to unload!! Let me know how the movie is too as I'd love to go! Wish I was close and I'd go with you girls!