Monday, October 13, 2008

Wedding Countdown

We are a month away from Ashley's wedding. I am hoping to blog daily, so I will have a log of this event to look back on in the future.

Ashley and I are working on our Wedding "To Do" list and it seems to be getting longer instead of shorter. I am confident that we will get everything done, but the challenge is to enjoy getting it done!

The invitations have been sent and we are already getting reply cards in the mail. Ashley had her final fitting for her dress last week and we have our final meeting at the reception venue tomorrow.

Our weather has been beautiful here, lower humidity and the evenings are perfect. Brittany and I were in the Autumn mood yesterday afternoon, so we went to Lowe's and purchased an outdoor fire pit. Then to the store to pick up some marshmallows. Terry agreed to help me put it together and in no time we had a fire and a yard full of neighborhood kids enjoying toasted marshmallows. I didn't take pictures, but one of my neighbors did....she had never had a roasted marshmallow, she was so excited...it was also her son's first. So hopefully as the weather cooperates, we will enjoy many evenings by our fire pit.

Here is the model we purchased.




Here are the Petite Fours that were served at Ashley's Kitchen & Housewarming Shower...Ashley prefers Petite Fours over cake...although it's the same, just bite sized with poured icing.

Brittany and Sarah hosted the Kitchen shower - here leading the ladies in some fun and games.
The gift table at the church shower last Sunday.


Ashley and Jose by their dessert table. Jose doesn't like cake (can you imagine?) but he loves Banana Pudding...so no cake...but Dana did make some Petite Fours for Ashley and she did a great job!
Jose modeling his work aprons with tools for a game that Kitty was explaining.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw thanks for blogging about the wedding stuff! Jose is adorable by his banana pudding :)

I am excited about the big day!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Guess what? Before I read your blog, I did a new blog on My Space, that has the same basic title about the "countdown". Of course, my blog is more "sappy" than yours...I love you, and can't wait for our daughter's big day!