Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fleur de lis and Christina Lee

Today Ashley and I continued with Wedding Prep. We went to the French Market downtown to pick up some charms to make our own "cake pulls" and boy was it crowded down there. I guess it was the beautiful weather and maybe some conferences in town and the Blues Festival. There were lines down the block to get into Cafe Du Monde. We couldn't find street parking and had to pay just the like the tourist. But we were able to accomplish our task and be in and out of the Quarter in less than an hour.

We came home and after a glass of iced tea and a little time on the swing we got started on making the homemade candy favors. Very tedious work and now I know why they charge so much for them at the candy shops. We are half way through and will finish up another day.

Just when I thought I could sit and relax, my little neighbor Christina came over. If Christina can get to me through whoever answers the door and actually make her way in our house...she is in heaven. Everyday she comes knocking - even though her mother is constantly telling her, "don't bother Ms. Trish." Well today was her lucky day, I had her come in and play with Quincy and help me fold clothes. She always asks to play the piano and like I said it was her lucky day, so I let her and she loved it. She stayed a long time and then we finally went out and enjoyed another fire in our fire pit. Her mom bought everything for S'mores and half the neighborhood was in the yard enjoying the sticky treat.

Needless to say, I am exhausted this evening...LONG day! But in a few minutes I am going to curl up on the couch and flip the remote until I can't keep my eyes open.

1 comment:

Granna said...

So glad you are back to blogging again!!! The wedding plans sound like they are coming along nicely. Such a busy time!