Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Taco Soup


Today I ran several errands and ended the day by meeting Brittany at David's Bridal to finish with her dress. When I got home, I made a pot of Taco Soup from a recipe that my niece Melissa has been raving about. It is really good. It is Paula Deen's version and can be found here at Recipezaar.
I changed it up a bit by using Rotel instead of a can of tomatoes and two cans of green chilies...that was Melissa's hint. Anyway it is really good and a great meal for the Fall. Even though it was 85 degrees today, I still like to proceed as though it were 50 degrees.
Tomorrow I go to Houma to get my hair highlighted and cut and Ashley and I will make our final trip to Hobby Lobby...hopefully. We don't have Hobby Lobby here, so our closest ones are an hour away in either direction.
Okay - I'm off to have a bowl of soup and watch the Presidential Debate.

2 comments:

Granna said...

I am so glad you are blogging once again, Trish!! The soup looks wonderful. I have a similar recipe and it's about time to start making it again with maybe some cornbread! The wedding reception place looks lovely. Hope you got our RSVP card. We are looking forward to it and it's not long now!

Granna said...

I'm so glad you are back to blogg, Trish! The reception location looks lovely. Hope you got my RSVP card. We are looking forward to it and seeing your mom and dad too! Hope you are holding up well. Lots to do and nerves on edge, but you will get through this! Taco soup looks good, about time for me to make some too!