Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Morning

Christmas found me back in the kitchen. I made us a quick breakfast and we waited for the kids to come over. The great thing about grown children, you don't have to get up super early on Christmas morning. Brittany and Justin stayed with Ashley and Jose, next door. When they got up, they sat around Ashley's tree and opened their stockings to one another (the spouses). While I was next door at our house preparing a breakfast.
I made canned cinnamon rolls in the shape of a tree and tinted the frosting green....I think I would have rather kept it white and put green sprinkles on it.

I made a casserole. This one was different than the sausage/egg casserole I usually make. This was called Breakfast Bacon Pizza. It was a layer of Crescent rolls, some hash browns, bacon, eggs and cheese. Everyone liked it...but I like the old one better.
On Christmas, we keep our pajamas on the whole day. No one has ever complained about it and even Mom and Dad stay in their pajamas. After Breakfast and before we started opening gifts, we took pictures by the tree.
Brittany, Justin and Benny

Ashley, Jose, Bella and Penelope

Mom and Dad....so cute!

Me and Terry......where is Cooper??
I will post the picture tomorrow, along with other pictures of the dogs opening their presents. Those dogs sure did enjoy all their gifts! I wonder if they will get as much attention next year??






3 comments:

Granna said...

I love spending Christmas day in my pajamas...very relaxing! The new casserole sounds good! You'll have to pass along the recipe. I see mom working in the background! Christmas will be different next year with a new baby, and the following year it will be realy different! One question...how come your hair looks so good so early in the morning??

brittany said...

Judy---mom's hair looks good cause she uses hairspray that is pretty much just cement in a can...

The new casserole is better than the old one.

The pics we took this year of each couple are really nice...we need to make a tradition of doing that each year.

Grandma either was eating or working the whole time I was there...so if there are any pics of her, it is of her doing either of those things besides the one I took of g.ma and g.pa which we all had to tell them how to stand and where to look! bless their little hearts! LOL

Trisha said...

Judy...Brittany is just jealous of my hair! I got up that morning and took a shower, fixed my hair, put on makeup...and then put on my pajamas!!!