Friday, May 29, 2009

My new dog and some blooms!

Such a beautiful day out today - warm, but lower humidity. Cooper and I went out earlier and gave my plants some love and care. We also took a few pictures. These are one of my hydrangea plants...love the beautiful pink color - these are just some small blooms peaking out from under the leaves...I expect that will be very large.
This hydrangea is just covered in large and medium blooms. It is more of a purple color....see the difference in my two hydrangeas Judy?? One has very stiff leaves and tighter flowers.

This is my Crepe Myrtle tree....I love when it blooms. We planted this from a stick it seems...before Katrina, but it survived.

Some kind of Iris or Lily.....I'm not sure.

My Hibiscus....love hibiscus. I lost about 4 of them to a pink mealy bug that came from Home Depot....I actually had the Department of Agriculture come out to my house and they set some type of wasp loose in my yard to combat them...it was a real danger to Louisiana crops and they didn't want the mealy bugs to get to the Sugar Cane fields and destroy them. My Hibiscus was the furthest west that they could pinpoint with the bug. ..... Thanks Home Depot!! Now I get my plants at Lowes.
And, now to introduce you to my new baby....Cooper.
I already love him so much. He is adorable and smart...but a lot of work! He is such a baby, so much fun, afraid of everything and sticks to us like glue.
The Vet said he is about six months old and very healthy. He will be getting "fixed" this week.
I got him from a garage sale....can you believe it!! They had a sign that said free dog to good home...I was leery about taking him, but he seemed to fit my criteria. I wanted to rescue a dog, a small one, that didn't shed. This family had rescued him from his former home at about 12 weeks...but thy already had three other dogs and just couldn't keep him. I think he was meant for us. He was probably born about the time that Quincy passed.
Oh my goodness.
These pictures were his first day with us....before Jose groomed him for me. His name was Kippy - but I wasn't fond of that name and so I looked at "C" and "K" names with the same first letter sound, so he wouldn't be so confused. Cooper seems to work for him, he responds well.












1 comment:

Granna said...

THANK YOU for finally updating your blog!! Cooper is just adorable! I can see why you would fall in love with him immediately. He has gone to a very good home, lucky dog! Your hydrangeas are just beautiful! They grow well in LA!! It's been hot enough here too, almost 90 earlier in the week. The rain has passed now and the lawn is knee deep! Have a gree weekend!