Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My girls were amazing on Mother's Day. They planned a menu and cooked a wonderful meal for us. They filled the area with flowers that Brittany arranged and Ashley decorated the homemade red velvet cake that Brittany baked. They both worked together on preparing the meal. It was such a nice relaxing afternoon. I brought all the flowers home and I am enjoying them in every room. That was a great Idea Brittay, to make several arrangements in all sizes. Thanks!









Here are some of my flowers in my tiny little garden. These are Lilies of the Nile...oh, the real name is Agapanthus(I looked that up for Judy!)
I just love them, they grow so tall and keep blooming through June, they start in mid April. I have them in deep purple, lavender and white. Also, the hummingbirds love to visit these plants.









This is one of my hydrangeas. I just planted it last year and it has gotten so big and so many blooms..I keep cutting them off and putting them around the house. When I planted it last year, the blooms were bright blue, but I think it has something to do with the acid in the soil, as to what color they will be....I don't know.
We are looking forward to a busy week ahead. Brittany will graduate with her Associates in Business this Wednesday.. We are having a crawfish boil for her tomorrow night. Justin will be coming for her graduation tomorrow as well.
Please pray for my friend Kathy Isaacs, who has recently been diagnosed with Stage 4 Colon Cancer. I hate cancer...I have had so many friends and family that have had to battle that terrible disease. She will begin aggressive treatment soon and my prayer is that she will not have the bad side effects. We are believing the God will heal her.
My parents had a terrible storm come through Southern Illinois last week and they have been without electricity for several days. My nieces home has also suffered damage and they lost all of the trees in their yard, except one. Their trees were huge, so the clean up effort is extensive. They are still without electricity as well.
I am reading Elizabeth Edward's new book, Resilience...it is very good.





1 comment:

Granna said...

You have two very sweet girls...of course you already knew that!! Your plants are beautiful. I've never heard of the agapanthus. Even the foliage is beautiful. I'll have to look it up. Your hydrangea looks fantastic! You must be doing something right because it looks great! Tell your folks to come down and stay with us until they get their electricity back!