Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What's been going on?

Here are a few pictures to catch everyone up on what's been going on in my world. The weather has been great and I've been enjoying the yard and my swing. I have some bedding plants that need to go in the ground tomorrow and my little anole lizards are enjoying Spring as well. Here is a little guy that likes to hang out on my swing, he was posing for the camera.Brittany's boyfriend, Justin was down for a few days last week. He left yesterday. We planned a few events while he was here. First, we went to Avery Island - the home of Tabasco. It is an amazing place. We've lived in Louisiana 17 years, and have never been there. If you live here, I suggest you go! First there is a tour of the Tabasco factory, which is very interesting. Then you can drive and/or walk through the gardens. The garden is basically just the island which is about 2 miles, by 3 miles and is actually a salt dome. Salt is mined out of the island as well. In the gardens, there is a bird sanctuary where egrets nest. Also, the wildlife is abundant. Alligators are out everywhere and there are "Beware of Alligator" signs. We saw 26 and I am sure there were many right before us that we missed.
Of course, most of you know my fascination with alligators, so getting out and walking near them was a must. It was cool, but the sun was out and the alligators love to sun themselves on the banks.
We also went to the NO Hornets game on Sunday evening. They were playing the San Antonio Spurs and it was sold out. We were joined by our friends Sam and Candace. We had a great time.
We love attending the home games....a lot of team spirit and they fill the time outs and half times with a lot of fun events. I like to take the binoculars and stake out the crowd....we always find some celebrities in the mix.
I know the picture below is dark...taken from far away....but it is Eva Longoria-Parker. Her husband Tony plays for the Spurs.
The girls and I will be attending our annual women's retreat in Alexandria this weekend. We are looking forward to it, we always have a good time. Thirteen ladies will be attending from our church.
I can't believe that Easter is just a little over a week away......it will be Summer before we know it!

1 comment:

Granna said...

'Bout time you blogged! You and your alligators...you are strange!! Avery Island sounds interesting. Next time we're down that way maybe we can do it!