Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to everyone! It sure has been a busy week around here.....and the weekend is proving to be even busier. Monday we went downtown for the taping of Live with Regis and Kelly...we stayed for the second taping and got to see lots of guests. I will post pictures soon.

Tuesday I woke up sick......I took meds all day and rested. Wednesday, much better and I was off to the dentist for my check up and cleaning. Then I went and bought groceries for the week and for our Easter Dinner. Thursday, I worked out in the yard, finishing up planting all my annuals. The yard looks so nice and I am looking forward to watching everything grow and bloom. I will post garden pictures soon as well.

Thursday evening, Brittany and I went to a movie. Friday I woke up ready to clean the house and start preparing my dinner for Sunday. Sometime in the afternoon, I had a relapse....I am blaming it on the powder I put on the carpet before vacuuming....I could feel it in my lungs. I will never use it again! I have been coughing and have been sick since....but, no time to stop. I had to finish up everything in preparation for church on Sunday as well.

Today I've been preparing my casseroles for Sunday and Brittany and I made the Easter Basket Cake below. It is just a bundt cake, turned upside down with edible grass and Reese pieces eggs, I thought they were prettier than jelly beans.

Terry was out this morning and brought me back some Easter flowers. He is sweet! I boiled eggs yesterday and Brittany colored them for me. We will be making deviled eggs out of them tomorrows.
I would love to take a late afternoon nap, but Terry is preaching at Manantial DeVida tonight. This is Jose's dad's church. It is their anniversary weekend, so it is a special service. I am going to go with Terry....hopefully it won't be a late evening.
After church tomorrow, we are going to have some friends over for dinner....then hopefully we can relax and play games....It's also the Master's weekend, so we will be watching the final round, I am sure.
Wishing everyone a great Easter Sunday and a Happy Spring!




5 comments:

Brittany said...

excuse me...correction: you didn't boil the eggs yesterday, I DID! Just wanna make that clear :)

Brittany said...

OOO Another correction, I was the one who thought the reeses eggs were better than jelly beans for the cake...

mom you need to give credit where it is due! :)

Granna said...

The cake is really cute! Brittany, you did a nice job boiling the eggs and the Reese's eggs were a very good idea! Just wanted to give you some credit. Sounds like a busy week for you all! But aren't they all??

heather said...

I'm finally catching up on your blog today. Love the Easter cake...so cute! And what a sweet husband you have bringing home flowers! Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter weekend too!

heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.