Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Haven't Posted in a While

Well, it's been a while since I posted. Brittany signed me up for Facebook and I have been spending all my computer free time on there catching up with a lot of friends that I haven't communicated with for over 25 years. It's been interesting.

I do have some fun pictures of Mardi Gras to post. Ashley and I spent Lundi Gras down on St. Charles with our friend Sarah. We watched two parades that evening. They were both beautiful, but Harry Connick, Jr's Krewe was absolutely amazing. The floats were huge and all electrified with confetti and spot lights. OH...and I didn't see Harry, we kept waiting, but it was reported on the news that he had a family emergency and wasn't able to ride. But, John Belushi, Joan River, Brian Batt and others rode in the parade.

On Mardi Gras day, Terry and I went downtown in the early afternoon...we caught the end of the Rex parade and saw some of the truck parades later. We did have a nice afternoon downtown, the weather was absolutely beautiful. We had a nice lunch and then grabbed a caramel apple and some coffee and sat and just did some people watching...my favorite.






And....last, but not least, a little Public Service Announcement. While the girls and I were waiting on the parades to begin, Ashley noticed this nice guy in front of us, who had not trimmed his eyebrows in quite some time. We were amazed. He was married, his wife was right next to him. I kept wondering, why doesn't she insist on him trimming those brows....so wives....please help make sure that your husband is trimmed!



1 comment:

Granna said...

The floats look beautiful. I'd love to see one sometime. So how do you feel about nose hair?? Those eyebrows are something else!