Saturday, December 20, 2008

Still Baking

My front yard covered in snow last week.

I'm still baking and preparing for Christmas. Today I am going to make some more Pumpkin bread, Pumpkin rolls and cookies. All of these will be divided between my neighbors and the rest we will keep at home to eat on Christmas Eve and Christmas.

It is Saturday and I don't plan to go anywhere. Terry and Brittany are going shopping. I'm not sure for what, but I think it will have something to do with my Christmas present from Terry. I thought we had agreed not to buy anything for each other, but I guess not. I had already broke the pact anyway and purchased a few gifts for Terry.

This morning I made breakfast biscuits and Brittany and I went out to sit on the swing to eat our breakfast and it started to rain....so we ran next door to Ashley and Jose's house to visit. While we were there, we heard the neighborhood Christmas Parade....which consists of about four firetrucks, people on golf carts and a sleigh being pulled by a pickup truck with Mr and Mrs Santa and our friend Randy Bean, who is the fire chief. We ran outside to watch and had some fun with Ashley and Jose's dogs. They threw beads and candy just like a Mardi Gras parade.

Last year we rode in the parade with Quincy dressed as Santa. It made me sad thinking of that this year and that is why I didn't volunteer to ride.

Quincy and Brittany last year in the Christmas Parade....and Quincy with Santa at the Fire Station afterwards....greeting the children. We miss him so much...he was such a great dog, I can't even image another one like him.
The rain has passed and it is warm and muggy - in the 70's. As a matter of fact, I found it funny that after the parade, a little while later, I heard some music and looked out and it was the Ice Cream Truck going through the neighborhood. I am getting used to Christmas in the South.....I don't miss the bitter cold and the messy snow. I do miss a nice white cover of snow around the Christmas Holidays....but other than that, warm weather is nice.

I finished all my Christmas Cards but a few I need to get addresses for. I was waiting for all the wedding pictures, so I could pick one to use. I haven't received many cards this year....I guess maybe the tough financial times have kept some from sending cards.

Ashley and Jose's dogs during the parade...wearing their beads. The above dog is Penelope, a dog we rescued a couple of weeks ago...it's a long story, but a sweet story....if you know someone who would give a rat terrier a good home....let me know. Below is Jose's dog Bella...she is a sweetie and not too happy about the new, hyper dog that has come into her space.


























2 comments:

Granna said...

The snow certainly doesn't look like New Orleans...more like Zion!! They are getting it really bad! The parade sounds fun but I know a bit bittersweet without your sweet Qunincy. I know you guys miss him! I'm making fudge and pecan brittle today and then I'm done..or quitting!

Brittany said...

hey momma :) love all the pics...miss Quincy too...

love you