Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Neighbor has a lizard in her laundry room!

My phone has been ringing off the hook today...most of the calls are from my neighbor, Ashley!
She has a lizard in her laundry room.....well she said it was as big as an iguana.
We have gecko's here in New Orleans. They are very common and quiet sweet. If you work your flower beds, you get to know them and they get to know you and are very friendly.
When my nephews were here this summer, they loved catching the lizards and keeping them a day or two and then letting them go. They are chameleons and change colors too.

So, this morning when Ashley was doing her laundry and taking a load out of the dryer, the lizard leaped out unto the floor and into the water pan under the washing machine. She called, but I was still in my gown, as I plan to be the rest of the day while I am still baking....yes, I am still baking. So, I couldn't go over there and help. She has called several times since with updates....he is still there.

It is quite convenient to have Ashley next door. I needed to borrow a couple of her cookie cutters, but since I was not dressed, we met at the fence in the backyard and she passed them over to me.

I had planned on stopping my baking, but as I make up cookie boxes and baskets for our friends, I am running out of goods. So, I decided to make a few more things. I still have to make containers for our neighbors. Then we are going to someones house for dinner tonight, so I wanted to take some banana bread and pumpkin bread. But this is it.....well except for a coffee cake and red velvet cake I am making tomorrow for Christmas day.

Sunday we had our Christmas service. Ashley did a great job putting together the music for the service. She and Brittany sang Winter Wonderland and her and Jose sang Silent Night beautifully in English and Spanish. The Praise Team did some special songs and sang The Doxology acapella and it was amazing. Later that evening, Ashley and Jose were invited to another church to sing as well.


. This is it....tomorrow is Christmas Eve. We really don't have any plans, but we will find something to do. On Christmas morning, our family will open presents and have a light breakfast. Around 11:30, we are going to Ashley and Jose's and his family will come for Christmas Brunch. THEN, I am going to RELAX....and we will probably do a movie or two in the evening.
I need to go and decorate my cookies......I hope everyone is ready for the Holidays!

1 comment:

Granna said...

So funny about the lizard!! Hope it has been contained by now! Are the newlyweds doing well? Exciting to be spending their first Christmas together! Merry Christmas to all of you!