Monday, October 15, 2007

The Day of Determination




Starting something new always takes determination.....to keep it up! So today, is a day of determination for me (well tomorrow)....I am blogging tonight, but posting in the morning.



The blog will officially take the place of "Take a Break with Trisha Ray". I am "determined" to keep it updated often. When I first started "Take a Break", more than 4 years ago, I emailed weekly....then monthly, then...well, I haven't posted one since July. Any time I am with a group of people or relatives like I was recently, they always mention to me how much they enjoy the e-mails and miss them. So using this new form of media....well, new to me, we will see how it works, hopefully more efficienlty and enjoyable for the reader. Also listed on the blog...to the right of this text....will be links to other blogs and webpages. Like my My Space page is listed...I also enjoy this mode of communication, but I need to use my new "determination" to keep it current as well. Most of the pictures on My Space are more than a year old....but I hate to remove them, because I love all of those memories. I'm getting more and more like my mother....every year when the girls were growing up, I would give her their new school pictures, but she would never take the old ones down and replace them with the new ones....she just kept hanging them up, or putting them on the refrigerator or on the sides of her mirrors. She has pictures on her refrigerator that are at least 15 years old......not that there is anything wrong with that, but I am "determined" to keep this space and my my space page updated!



I also have other "things" that I am "determinted" to do better or more consistently, starting today! I am choosing not to share my list of things that I am going to tackle on my Day of Determination, but I will share later, as I see change and improvement in my life and surroundings.



I love the Fall and even though we are not feeling the cool, crisp weather here in Louisiana, it is the middle of October, so I am going to go with it and start making Chili for dinner and put out my Fall decorations. I alreay have two pumpkins in my flower bed and I am starting to look at recipes for Thanksgiving. This Fall season is my catalyst for the change I am craving in my life. I have been living in a funk for many months. I can't put my finger on it, but I am sure it has something to do with the loss of my brother at the beginning of the year. Although my family has had a blessed year in so many areas and for the most part, life is good...there has just been "something" that has kept me from being and feeling whole - it must be the grief. I don't know if that will ever change, but if there has to be change, I want to find a way for the change to cause me to be a better person. Not only do I grieve for my brother, but for my parents - who will never be whole again.



Recently, I was blessed to enjoy a visit from my cousin Jim and his wife Michele who were in the area on business....we were able to spend a few days and evenings together and it was great to catch up on what time and distance takes away from us.



The girls and I just got back from a Women's Minstries trip to Jacksonville, FL...we had a blast, we took a chartered bus with about 40 ladies from all over the state of Louisiana. Kathy Isaacs headed up the trip and she did an excellent job planning the event and keeping us busy on the bus with games, videos and music. Our hotel was beautiful sitting on the river and we visited historic St. Augustine.



Please comment, you just need to check "other" when leaving your name and comment....also, if you have a PRAYER REQUEST, leave it in the comment section and others can read it as well and we will make sure to agree with you and believe with you for God's will regarding your need.



Looking forward to our new connection!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me in your posts. You are a good blogger and your heart always comes through. Kathy and I appreciate you and your family more than words can express. I look forward to getting more of your updates and have added you to "my favs" for easy access!

Ken said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I know that you will be a great addition to it. Say Hello to Terry & the girls for Deb & I.

Anonymous said...

Hey Trisha,
Things are going well...make sure and vote this Saturday. We MUST make a change in our government in Louisiana. You and I both know who sets up and tears down governments...it's time for a tearing down of the corruption and ungodliness in this state. We need everyone to vote for democracy to work. Vote for a CHANGE on Saturday, October 20.
Alice

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed that you are blogging. I haven't quite figured that out yet. It's a great way to communicate and keep in touch. So glad to know what is going on with you again! Judy H.

Anonymous said...

Hi Trisha, As you we have had a lot going on and yes I do Love your emails and Miss You Guys Very Much! Here on the Norh Shore things have been very busy and Time seems very short! I am praying for you and your family as I do understand the pain you feel when they are called home! Please call sometime. I tried to call on your cell and I think once at home.
I miss talking to you and Love you, Terry, and the girls so much.
Well, I have to get back to schooling the last of the two kids and have just finished painting the house so I have a lot of putting thins back together to do as well! Can you believe Emily is 17! Time, where does it go! Vanessa is still having a bit of difficulty with her Chron's diease so please keep her in your prayer's! Well, anyway please call sometime!
Love to All of You,
Doyleen

Brittany said...

WOW...you did great mother...but you didn't mention that your wonderful daughter set it all up for you! Just Kidding...

Great blog...and I am looking forward to more!
Brit

Anonymous said...

Hey mom! Great first blog! I can see it was a pretty big hit ey?? I love your title "Day of determination"..very motivating for everyone! I love you and I will help do anything I can to get you out of the funk :) LOVE YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for including me in your blog. I will look forward to your updates. Tell Bro. Ray and the girls I said "hello".
Betty Jones-Haley

Anonymous said...

Trish, I want to thank you for the beautiful bracelet you sent me and Mary. I wear it almost every day, mostly when I go to town. Mom is really doing great and she don't let this get her down. She has had no pain and the doctor told her that she don't have to take any treatment. She is cancer free. We all feel that all the prayers and the touch of the lord is all she needed. Great hearing from you. Keep in touch! All our love, Alice

Anonymous said...

Trisha! Your determination and hunger for change is inspiring! Thank you for including me in the events of your life. You are an encouragement! The group picture of your Women's Renewal trip was beautiful! You will never know how missed you and the ladies of LA are. Hope to spend some time with you all again someday soon. Your family is special to us and will continue to be in our prayers...We love You. Please tell Ashley and Brit "Hello"! And for those LA Ladies...WE LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever been called a "Prince" before! Congrats on the new blog. I love you...more than all the blogs in the world!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Trisha. Great first blog. I hope your determination rubs off on me. Speaking of rubbing off ... there are several things I can think of that have rubbed off of you and onto me. All good things, of course. I thoroughly enjoyed the bus trip, and I agree Ms. Kathy did an excellent job coordinating everything. I've come to expect only the best with her planned activities and events. Prayer request: My brother in law, Charlie, for his continued healing of body, mind and spirit. Thanks for being my friend, Kitty.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Trish and family! Nice job on your initial Blog (that sounds funny, doesn't it?). I wish only the best for you, Terry, and the girls. Tell Terry I missed him up here in Shreveport for the annual Byrd/Captain Shreve football game last week. Shreve finally beat us for the first time in 13 years. They deserved it, but WE'LL BE BACK! All is well up here, and we, too, are blessed with a couple of great kids. I'll bookmark your blog and look forward to your updates!

Unknown said...

Hi Sister Trisha it was good to here from you.
This is a fast past time and you dont get to see or call a lot of your friends so when I get your email it brings back a lot of memories All good. Have a blessed day and thanks for the memories.