Tuesday, November 23, 2010

25th Anniversary Cruise

These treats were waiting for us in our cabin. A sweet gift from Brittany, Ashley, Jose and Justin. Yum.
The Cabins are not huge, but sufficient room to get ready, rest and sleep. The bed was very comfortable.

A view of the ship's Lido deck. Our cabin was on the Panorama deck, which was through doors right behind the pool and hot tub, under the slide. It was a great deck and very convenient.
On the deck before we left the Port of New Orleans. I loved how the beautiful clouds were covering the skyline.
This was not the order that I wanted the pictures in and I wanted to post many more, but Blogger was not cooperating....(Judy if you have any suggestions, let me know).
The weather was perfect the day we boarded the ship. We decided not to leave until a couple hours after boarding began.....I remembered how crowded it is in the beginning. When we got to the port, the crowds had already boarded, as we walked in, a lady said come with me and we ended up getting VIP check in. It was a great way to start the cruise. Then, when we got to our cabin we were greeted with a sweet treat from our kids!
The first night we didn't go to the dining room for dinner. We had eaten a late lunch at the buffet and we were not that hungry. So later in the evening we had pizza. Besides all of the buffets that are open most of the day and evening, there is a 24 hour pizza bar and 24 hour ice cream.
Our Steward was Puttu and he too was very accommodating. The Ship is very clean and the staff are always ready and willing to help in any way. In the evening we went to the opening night show and we always enjoy the dancers and singers, they are top quality.
We were glad to be on board and ready for vacation! The next day (Sunday) would be a full day at Sea.






2 comments:

brittany said...

hey! Funny story--I had a disembark come to my desk on Wednesday from none other than Carnival Triumph. So I said to Carnival "when does he d.bark?" and they said "the 20th, Saturday"...so when I called him Monday to talk about his appointments (he lives in Kenner) I told him you and dad were on the ship and he said "oh they probably saw me dance!" :) he is a dancer on triumph.

its a small world after all!

Granna said...

Blogger has a mind of its own and some days it just will not cooperate so all I can say is let it work itself out. So sweet of the kids to send the treats! The ship looks beautiful. Anxious to see the rest of the pictures and hear all about the trip! Looks wonderful!