Monday, December 3, 2007

THANKSGIVING Review

We enjoyed our Thanksgiving. We started celebrating early and with many different people. Our first celebration was at the New Orleans Mission, where we helped host a community meal for about 300 people, many of them homeless. Terry and I hosted them as they waited to be served.
Then, the next day, we had a Thanksgiving meal with our church family and enjoyed all the traditional fixins' again.
On Wednesday before Thanksgiving, My folks and I headed over to Gulf Shores, Alabama, where we had rented a beach house for the weekend. We got all of our stuff moved in and started making the Thanksgiving meal. Terry, Ashley, Brittany, Jose and Quincy came up later in the evening after everyone got off of work and out of school.
The food was delicious and Brittany made the pumpkin roll this year, it was really good and picture perfect!
The weather wasn't the greatest, but we enjoyed watching the football games, playing dominoes, and shopping!

Comment me and let me know about your Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time over Thanksgiving. We did too. Josh, Julie, and the kids came down to help us celebrate. This year I did not cook because Jim decided we were going out. Went to Grand Rivers and had a wonderful meal. But the best part was being with the kids and Bud! Julie wants me to make a pumpkin roll for Christmas, I need Aunt Pat's recipe!!

Love,
Michele

Anonymous said...

Looks line a fun Thanksgiving...and a wonderful family picture! I tried to make that cake roll one time but found the cake didn't roll too well for me. What's the secret there? Why don't you post the recipe and maybe I'll give it another try! Judy H

Anonymous said...

Have a blessed Christmas and safe New Year, keep up the good work for the Lord.

Love
Wayne & JoAnn Ponthier