Wednesday, November 7, 2007


Country Music
I've never liked Country Music...until "Walk The Line." But really it was probably because of Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Pheonix. So, I bought the soundtrack and I've been singing Jackson ever since.
I also recently bought the new Reba duet album...but there again, I love the Reba television show. So, I love Reba as an actress.
Tonight I am watching the CMA awards and I am realizing that I am really starting to like Country Music. I love Carrie Underwood, but she was my American Idol pick, so I have to stick by her. But the song that Brad Paisley sang was cute, I liked that. And, I do like Rascal Flatts. Oh - and Martina McBride...love her.
So, I guess I do like Country Music. At least more than I used to. I remember riding in the car with my Dad when I was a kid and listening to Country Music and some of those old songs are classics.....but my Dad was picky about his country music too. He didn't like Johnny Cash or any of those twangy, sad songs.
And Country is cool now...when I was a teenager, it wasn't cool to listen to Country. Remember Barbara Mandrell's song..."I was country when country wasn't cool?" I like her too!
So - I wasn't country when country wasn't cool....but now that It's cool, I'm cool with it.
How about you?

2 comments:

Neil said...

I have to admit that I'm finding myself more drawn to country than I would expect of myself. Now, I don't like Southern Gospel, I do like country, but not too country...I think it's funny music!

Anonymous said...

Some say country music is good because of it's telling of life experiences. Some have also said many forms of music contain subliminal messages that suggest certain things. Recently, several country recordings were played backward, and, people's marriages were healed; property recovered; and alcoholism was just about wiped out!